Dropbox is a service that allows you to backup and share files. They give a certain amount of storage for free and are very useful for taking backups and sharing files that are too large to be emailed.
The instructions below show how to set up a free account. There are other similar services, such as OneDrive and you could also use one of those if you prefer.
As well as sharing files, you can also use your Dropbox account to automatically backup your certificates online. Read more here.
Dropbox is a popular and easy to use online file backup and sharing facility. Follow the steps below to set up a Dropbox account.
Get a Dropbox account
Firstly, if you don't already have one, then you'll need to sign up for a free Dropbox account. Please sign up for a free account here:
Install the Dropbox software
You can download and install the Dropbox software from the Dropbox website here:
Let Dropbox upload the files
Copy the file(s) you want to share with us into your Dropbox folder. Dropbox will then start uploading the file to your Dropbox account.
Share a link
DO NOT SHARE FILES USING OUR EMAIL ADDRESS. These cannot be accessed by our help desk system.
- Find the file in your Dropbox folder.
- Right-click over the file and select "Copy Dropbox link".
- The link will be copied to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into an email to be sent back to Shine Forms Support.
- Check that the link looks something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d65hdx9sf4zejhm/AAD91I3ByfK8hBczoRa?dl=0
- Send the email back to Shine Forms Support.
You can read more on the Dropbox website here.